Wholesale Account Manager is urgently needed by Parkland Fuel Corporation–Canada. As a Wholesale Account Manager, you will earn $86,880 /year. Apply now before it closes.
Wholesale Account Manager needed (Job Details)
Industry: Energy & Environment
Company: Parkland Fuel Corporation–Canada
Address: 240 4 Ave SW Suite 1800, Calgary, AB T2P 4H4, Canada
Position Title: Wholesale Account Manager
Team and Location: STaR – Ontario (Remote)
Minimum Starting Salary from: $ 86,880 /year
Position Summary (Wholesale Account Manager):
This position is responsible for the Ontario Wholesale (Reseller) business, managing to plan on both volume growth and EBITDA targets. Directly managing existing Wholesale Accounts along with growing and developing new wholesale business and maximizing Parkland assets.
Key Responsibilities of a Wholesale Account Manager :
Develop, grow and defend wholesale portfolio, consisting of Key Stakeholders, business managers and CEOs.
Manage the relationship with large strategic customers that help satisfy supplies contractual obligations.
Generate and maintain a strong sales pipeline; and communicate to Director of Wholesale weekly via Storm.
Negotiate wholesale contracts: price, terms and volume varying in size, present to Director of Wholesale for approval.
Market and optimize Parkland assets, Transloaders.
Strategically develop and monitor pricing strategy and hierarchy with Director, Wholesale.
- Collaborate with U.S. Supply Co teams to offer and execute fixed price contacts in Canada.
- Work with various BUs to introduce new products to the market including carbon credits, and renewable fuels.
- Attend planning and strategy meetings.
- Provide monthly commentary on financial results and represent wholesale at meetings.
- Maintain an in-dept knowledge of market and pricing trends to optimize profitability.
- Work with supply to manage customer lift direction to help meet supply obligations and manage spot accounts during allocations.
- Strategically posture customers to help reduce under lift penalties.
- Understand and develop opportunities in new markets.
- Monitor daily volume in PBI by customer by lift point and ensure targets are met.
- Attend monthly supply calls to ensure lift direction compliance and appropriate supply planning.
- Provide and update monthly forecasting for supply and finance.
- Work closely with inside sales and support teams to ensure the customers’ requests are met and resolve customer badge, pricing and invoice issues as required.
- Conduct yearly contract reviews and pricing discoveries with accounts to re-sign contracts.
- Work in conjunction with credit department to reduce Days Sales Outstanding and ensure customers are within terms.
- Attend industry functions to generate leads, gather market intelligence and network.
- Work closely with other Business Units to promote cross-company sales for lubricants, propane and retail opportunities.
- Maintain and organize all related wholesale documentation on Sharepoint as it relates to wholesale.
Qualifications and Skills needed as a Wholesale Account Manager:
- 10+ years successful sales experience, at least 2 of which in the fuel industry.
- Industry experience in wholesale fuel industry would be strongly preferred.
- Strong familiarity with Canadian fuel supply infrastructure preferred.
- Strong familiarity with fuel specs and regulations and their impact to our customers preferred.
- Ability to build a budget and monitor daily/weekly/monthly data to react early to weak signals.
- Strong communication skills a must.
- Excels in relationship building.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- A flexible group benefit plan that offers health and dental coverage choices to meet the needs of each unique employee. Inclusive of life and disability insurances, Health Care and Lifestyle Spending options, and a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including M&M Food Market, Fas Gas Plus, Pioneer, RaceTrac, Superpumper, Ultramar, Chevron, Esso, ON the RUN, Ultramar, Bluewave Energy, Pipeline, Chevron, Columbia Fuels, Island Petroleum, Sparlings Propane, Elbow River Marketing and Parkland Refining