Support Workers (Social Services) are Urgently needed by Archway Community Services. Start applying now.
Job details (Support Worker)
- Location: 2420 Montrose Avenue, Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9 (Remote work available)
- Salary: $29.00 to 31.56 hourly (to be negotiated) / 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract, Full time, Day
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Other benefits
- Source: Job Bank #2521537
- Bachelor’s degree
- or equivalent experience
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration
- Social sciences, other
1 year to less than 2 years
- Social service or charity agency
- Community agency
- Obtain information and prepare reports or case histories
- Administrative and office activities
- Appraise clients’ needs or eligibility for specific services
- Resolve conflict situations
- Liaise with other social services agencies and health care providers involved with clients
- Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research
Experience and specialization
Areas of responsibility
- Sexual assault
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver’s licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Interpersonal awareness
- Values and ethics
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Team building opportunities
- Parking available
- Wellness program
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
About Archway Community Services (Employer)
Archway Community Services is a non-profit organization in Abbotsford, Canada that provides a wide range of services to people in Abbotsford, Mission, Chilliwack, Langley, and Chandigarh, India. Their mission is to “empower the people they serve to achieve their full potential.”
Archway offers over 90 programs and services, including:
- Food bank
- Addictions treatment
- Family support
- Employment services
- Child care
- Housing assistance
- Legal aid
- Refugee resettlement
- English language classes
- Diversity education
- And much more
Archway is committed to providing services in a non-judgmental and supportive environment. They believe that everyone deserves to have the opportunity to reach their full potential, regardless of their circumstances.
If you or someone you know is in need of help, please contact Archway Community Services. They are here to help you find the resources you need to succeed.
Here are some of the key facts about Archway Community Services:
- Founded in 1969
- Headquarters in Abbotsford, British Columbia
- Serves over 25,000 people annually
- Employs over 400 staff and volunteers
- Funded by government, donations, and grants
A support worker in social services provides practical and emotional support to people who need it. They work with people of all ages who have a variety of needs, including physical disabilities, mental health problems, learning disabilities, and social isolation.
The specific duties and responsibilities of a support worker will vary depending on the needs of the individual they are supporting. However, some common tasks include:
- Providing personal care, such as help with bathing, dressing, and eating
- Assisting with daily activities, such as cooking, cleaning, and shopping
- Providing emotional support and companionship
- Helping with transportation and appointments
- Advocating for the individual’s rights and interests
Support workers also play an important role in helping people to develop their independence and skills. They may help people to learn new skills, such as cooking or budgeting, or they may help them to find employment or housing.
The ideal candidate for a support worker role will have a caring and compassionate nature, as well as patience and understanding. They will also need to be able to work effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
In addition to the above, support workers may also be responsible for:
- Monitoring the individual’s health and well-being
- Ensuring that the individual’s needs are met
- Liaising with family members, careers, and other professionals
- Recording the individual’s progress
The role of a support worker can be both challenging and rewarding. It is a demanding job, but it can also be very satisfying to know that you are making a difference in someone’s life.
Here are some of the skills that are typically required for a support worker position:
- Caring and compassionate nature
- Patience and understanding
- Ability to work effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
If you are interested in a career as a support worker, there are a few things you can do to prepare:
- Gain experience in a related field, such as care work or social work.
- Take courses or workshops on support work skills.
- Network with other support workers and professionals in your field.
- Develop your skills in communication, teamwork, and problem-solving.
The job outlook for support workers is good, as the demand for these professionals is expected to grow over the next few years. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career in a growing field, then a position as a support worker may be a good fit for you.
Q: What is a support worker in social service?
A: A support worker in social service is a person who provides assistance and care to individuals or groups who need help with their daily living. They may work with people who have disabilities, mental health issues, or other challenges that make it difficult for them to live independently. Support workers may provide a variety of services, such as:
- Personal care
- Financial assistance
- Emotional support
Q: What are the qualifications for a support worker in social service?
A: The qualifications for a support worker in social service vary depending on the specific job and the organization. However, most employers require at least a high school diploma or equivalent, and some prefer candidates with some college or university coursework in social work or a related field.
Q: What are the skills and qualities needed to be a successful support worker in social service?
A: The skills and qualities needed to be a successful support worker in social service include:
- Empathy: The ability to understand and relate to the needs of others.
- Patience: The ability to work with people who may be difficult or challenging.
- Communication: The ability to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life.
- Organization: The ability to keep track of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Problem-solving: The ability to identify and solve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
Q: What are the challenges of being a support worker in social service?
A: The challenges of being a support worker in social service include:
- Emotional demands: The work can be emotionally demanding, as you may be dealing with people who are going through difficult times.
- Physical demands: The work can be physically demanding, as you may be lifting and moving people or assisting with tasks that require physical strength.
- Low pay: The pay for support workers in social service is often low, which can make it difficult to make a living.
Q: What are the rewards of being a support worker in social service?
A: The rewards of being a support worker in social service include:
- Making a difference: The ability to make a positive difference in the lives of others is one of the most rewarding aspects of this work.
- Building relationships: You will have the opportunity to build strong relationships with the people you support.
- Learning and growing: You will have the opportunity to learn and grow as a person and as a professional.
Q: What is a Community Health Worker?
A: A Community Health Worker (CHW) is a frontline healthcare worker who works with individuals and communities to improve their health and well-being. CHWs typically have a background in social work, public health, or a related field. They work with people from all walks of life, including those who are marginalized or underserved. CHWs provide a variety of services, such as:
- Providing health education and information
- Linking people to healthcare services
- Advocating for the needs of their communities
- Building capacity within communities
Q: Why are Community Health Worker jobs in high demand in Canada?
A: There are a few reasons why Community Health Worker jobs are in high demand in Canada. First, the Canadian government has recognized the importance of CHWs in improving the health of its citizens. Second, there is a growing need for CHWs in Canada, as the population ages and the prevalence of chronic diseases increases. Finally, CHWs are well-positioned to address the social determinants of health, which are the factors that influence health outcomes, such as poverty, housing, and education.
Q: How can I become a Community Health Worker in Canada?
A: There are a few ways to become a Community Health Worker in Canada. You can:
- Get a degree in Community Health or a related field.
- Complete a certificate or diploma program in Community Health.
- Get on-the-job training as a Community Health Worker.
Q: What are the salaries for Community Health Worker jobs in Canada?
A: The salaries for Community Health Worker jobs in Canada vary depending on the province or territory, the level of experience, and the type of organization. However, the average salary for a Community Health Worker in Canada is around $40,000 per year.
Q: What are the benefits of working as a Community Health Worker in Canada?
A: There are many benefits to working as a Community Health Worker in Canada, including:
- Making a difference in the lives of others
- Working with a variety of people and communities
- Learning new skills and knowledge
- Having a flexible work schedule
Q: What are the challenges of working as a Community Health Worker in Canada?
A: There are a few challenges to working as a Community Health Worker in Canada, including:
- The work can be demanding and stressful
- The pay can be low
- The job market can be competitive
More Community Health Worker Jobs In Canada (Support Worker Jobs In Canada)
|Alberta||18||View job postings >|
|British Columbia||94||View job postings >|
|Canada||452||View job postings >|
|Manitoba||8||View job postings >|
|New Brunswick||22||View job postings >|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||2||View job postings >|
|Nova Scotia||14||View job postings >|
|Ontario||86||View job postings >|
|Québec||119||View job postings >|
|Saskatchewan||88||View job postings >|
Thanks for reading.
If you have any question regarding the Support worker Job Position, kindly drop them in the comment section.
Archway Community Services Is Now Hiring Multiple Candidates For Support Worker (Social Services) - Abbotsford, BC - Latest Canada Jobs
Archway Community Services Is Now Hiring Multiple Candidates For Support Worker (Social Services) - Abbotsford, BC - Latest Canada Jobs Support Workers (Social Services) are Urgently needed by Archway Community Services. Start applying now as a Support Worker in Canada. Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Other benefits Tasks Obtain information and prepare reports or case histories Administrative and office activities Appraise clients' needs or eligibility for specific services Resolve conflict situations Liaise with other social services agencies and health care providers involved with clients Maintain program statistics for purposes of evaluation and research APPLY NOW CLOSES SOON
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2023-08-17
Expiry Posted: 2023-12-29
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Archway Community Services
Organization URL: https://archway.ca/
Organization Logo: https://archway.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Archway-Community-Services-Abbotsford-Logo.png
Location: PostalAddress, 2420 Montrose Ave., Abbotsford, BC, V2S 3S9, Canada