Compassion HomeCare Inc. is Urgently Hiring Home Support Worker, continue reading to apply if working as a home support worker is what you love. Closes soon.
Join Compassion HomeCare Inc. and make a difference in people’s lives as a Home Support Worker. Your compassion and dedication can create a positive impact. Apply now and be part of a team that truly cares. Act fast, the opportunity closes soon!
- Location: Corner Brook, NL
- Salary: $17.73 hourly / 2 to 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Casual employment, Part time, Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Financial benefits
- Source: Job Bank #2531435
About the Employer
Compassion HomeCare Inc. is a home health care agency that has been providing care to people in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1994. They offer a wide range of services, including:
- Personal care
- Nursing care
- Dementia care
- Meal preparation
Compassion HomeCare is committed to providing quality, compassionate care that helps people live life to the fullest. They are a trusted provider of home healthcare services for government funders across Newfoundland and Labrador, and they are also a recipient of the Newfoundland and Labrador Business Award of Excellence.
Here are some of the key facts about Compassion HomeCare Inc.:
- Founded in 1994
- Headquarters in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Serves over 2,000 clients annually
- Employs over 100 employees
- Recipient of the Newfoundland and Labrador Business Award of Excellence
- Accredited by Accreditation Canada
If you or someone you know is in need of home healthcare services, please contact Compassion HomeCare Inc. They are here to help you find the care you need to live life to the fullest.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Administer medications
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Certificate of Conduct
- First Aid Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Immunization records
- Medical exam
- Tuberculosis test
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Client focus
- As per collective agreement
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
Home Support Workers
Home support workers provide essential care and assistance to people in their own homes. They help with a variety of tasks, such as bathing, dressing, eating, and transferring. They may also provide companionship and emotional support.
Job Description of Home Support Workers
The job description of a home support worker typically includes:
- Providing personal care, such as bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Assisting with activities of daily living, such as eating, toileting, and transferring
- Providing companionship and emotional support
- Managing medication and treatments
- Keeping records of care provided
The requirements for a home support worker job vary depending on the specific position. However, most employers look for candidates with the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in a healthcare setting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to lift and move people
- Basic knowledge of first aid and CPR
In addition to the requirements listed above, there are a number of skills that are essential for home support workers. These include:
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Physical stamina
Salary of Home Support Workers in Canada
The salary for home support workers in Canada varies depending on the level of experience, the province or territory, and the type of employer. However, the average salary for a home support worker in Canada is $16-20 per hour.
- Home support workers typically work in a client’s home, but some may also work in a community setting, such as a long-term care facility.
- The hours for home support workers vary depending on the client’s needs, but they typically work 35-40 hours per week.
- Some home support workers may be required to work shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Benefits of Working as a Home Support Worker
There are many benefits to working as a home support worker, including:
- Helping others
- Making a difference in people’s lives
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity to work in a variety of settings
- Chance to learn new skills
How to Become a Home Support Worker
There are a few different ways to become a home support worker. You can:
- Complete a home support worker training program
- Get certified as a personal support worker (PSW)
- Get on-the-job training
Once you have the necessary training or certification, you can start looking for home support worker jobs. You can search online job boards, such as Indeed.ca or Monster.ca. You can also contact recruitment agencies that specialize in placing home support workers.
Q: What is a Home Support Worker?
A: A Home Support Worker (HSW) is a healthcare professional who provides care to individuals in their homes. HSWs may assist with tasks such as bathing, dressing, feeding, and toileting clients. They may also help with light housekeeping, laundry, and transportation.
Q: What are the qualifications for a Home Support Worker job in Canada?
A: The qualifications for a Home Support Worker job in Canada vary depending on the specific job and the province or territory. However, most employers require at least a high school diploma or equivalent, and some prefer candidates with some college or university coursework in a healthcare-related field.
Q: What are the skills and qualities needed to be a successful Home Support Worker in Canada?
A: The skills and qualities needed to be a successful Home Support Worker in Canada include:
- Communication: The ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, and other healthcare professionals.
- Empathy: The ability to understand and relate to the needs of clients.
- Patience: The ability to work with clients who may be difficult or challenging.
- Physical stamina: The ability to stand for long periods of time and lift and move clients.
- Attention to detail: The ability to follow instructions and complete tasks accurately.
Q: What are the salaries for Home Support Worker jobs in Canada?
A: The salaries for Home Support Worker jobs in Canada vary depending on the province or territory, the level of experience, and the type of organization. However, the average salary for a Home Support Worker in Canada is around $25,000 per year.
Q: What are the benefits of working as a Home Support Worker in Canada?
A: There are many benefits to working as a Home Support Worker in Canada, including:
- Making a difference: The ability to make a positive difference in the lives of clients is one of the most rewarding aspects of this work.
- Working with a variety of people: Home Support Workers have the opportunity to work with a variety of people from all walks of life.
- Learning and growing: Home Support Workers have the opportunity to learn and grow as a person and as a professional.
Q: What are the challenges of working as a Home Support Worker in Canada?
A: There are a few challenges to working as a Home Support Worker in Canada, including:
- Physical demands: The work can be physically demanding, as you may be lifting and moving clients or assisting with tasks that require physical strength.
- Emotional demands: The work can be emotionally demanding, as you may be dealing with clients who are going through difficult times.
- Low pay: The pay for Home Support Workers in Canada is often low, which can make it difficult to make a living.
Home support worker jobs are a great way to help others and make a difference in people’s lives. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, then a job as a home support worker may be a good fit for you.
- The Canadian Home Care Association (CHCA) is a professional organization that offers resources and support to home support workers.