Be the first to apply for any of these over 300 DevOps engineer jobs in Canada with Sponsorship. Continue reading to apply for different devops opportunities in Canada.
As technology continues to evolve, companies are seeking DevOps Engineers to help manage their software development and deployment.
If you’re looking for a job in this field in Canada, then you’re in the right place.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll provide an overview of what it means to be a DevOps Engineer, the duties involved, salary expectations, and the skills and knowledge required.
We’ll also explore how to immigrate to Canada as a DevOps Engineer and share some exciting job opportunities in this field.
DevOps Engineer (Software engineers and designers) research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software.
DevOps Engineers are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
DevOps Engineer duties
As a DevOps Engineer for opportunities here in Canada, below are some or all of your duties:
- Collect and document users’ requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems including mobile applications
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and coordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems including mobile applications
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- May lead and coordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.
DevOps Engineer Job titles
DevOps Engineer can also be called the following or they can also worked as the following:
- Application architect
- Cloud infrastructure engineer
- Cloud operations engineer
- Computer software engineer
- Embedded software engineer
- Mobile development lead
- Site reliability engineer
- Software and information technology project manager
- Software architect
- Software design engineer
- Software design project manager
- Software design verification engineer
- Software designer
- Software project manager
- Software systems integration engineer
- Software technical architect
- Software testing engineer
- Telecommunications software engineer
DevOps Engineer Employment requirements
This is what you typically need for the DevOps Engineer job opportunities in Canada:
- A bachelor’s degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in a related discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.
- Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
Source: National Occupational Classification
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Alberta||Software Engineers||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta|
|British Columbia||Engineer (software)||Regulated||Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia|
|Manitoba||Software Engineers||Regulated||Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba|
|New Brunswick||Software Engineers||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||Software Engineers||Regulated||Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Northwest Territories||Software Engineers||Regulated||Northwest Territories and Nunavut Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists|
|Nova Scotia||Software Engineers||Regulated||Engineers Nova Scotia|
|Ontario||Software Engineers||Regulated||Professional Engineers Ontario|
|Prince Edward Island||Software Engineers||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers of Prince Edward Island|
|Québec||Software Engineers||Regulated||Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec|
|Saskatchewan||Software Designer||Regulated||CIPS Saskatchewan|
|Software Engineer||Regulated||Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan|
|Yukon||Software Engineer||Regulated||Engineers of Yukon|
Latest DevOps Engineer Jobs in Canada
Below are the latest and highly paid DevOps Engineer Jobs opportunities across Canada.
|Alberta||43||View job postings >|
|British Columbia||65||View job postings >|
|Canada||345||View job postings >|
|New Brunswick||6||View job postings >|
|Nova Scotia||17||View job postings >|
|Ontario||169||View job postings >|
|Québec||39||View job postings >|
|Saskatchewan||1||View job postings >|
Salary of DevOps Engineer in Canada
DevOps Engineers are in high demand in Canada, and the salary reflects that. According to Payscale, the average salary for a DevOps Engineer in Canada is $83,000 per year. However, this can vary depending on factors such as experience, location, and industry.
Skills and Knowledge needed
To be a successful DevOps Engineer, you’ll need a combination of technical skills and soft skills. Some of the key technical skills required include:
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Java, or Ruby
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Jenkins or Ansible
- Understanding of containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes.
In addition to these technical skills, DevOps Engineers also need excellent communication and collaboration skills. They must be able to work closely with developers, operations teams, and other stakeholders to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
How to Immigrate to Canada as a DevOps Engineer
Canada is a great place to work and live, and many DevOps Engineers choose to immigrate here. There are several immigration programs available for skilled workers, including the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Provincial Nominee Program. To qualify for these programs, you’ll need to meet certain criteria, such as having a certain level of education and work experience. It’s also worth noting that Canada has a special visa program for tech workers called the Global Talent Stream, which can expedite the immigration process.
If you’re looking for an exciting career in technology, then becoming a DevOps Engineer could be the right choice for you. With high demand and competitive salaries, it’s a field that offers a lot of opportunities. And with Canada’s welcoming immigration policies, it’s also a great place to start a new life. So what are you waiting for? Start exploring DevOps Engineer jobs in Canada today!
One Comment on “Urgent DevOps engineer jobs in Canada with Sponsorship (300+ Available)”