Are you and your partner ready to begin a new life in Canada? If so, you may be interested in applying for a Canada Marriage Visa. To increase your chances of success, it’s important to understand the details of this process. Our comprehensive guide will provide you with all the information you need to know about applying for a Canada Marriage Visa. Take the next step towards your future together and read on now.
Canada Visa: How to Apply for a Canada Marriage Visa – Family (Spouse) Requirements
If you are planning to bring your spouse or common-law partner to Canada, you will need to apply for a Canada Marriage Visa.
This process can be complex, but with the right information and preparation, it can be a smooth and successful experience.
In this blog post, we will walk you through the requirements and steps for applying for a Canada Marriage Visa for your spouse or common-law partner.
Eligibility Requirements for Canada Marriage Visa
To be eligible to apply for a Canada Marriage Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Your spouse or common-law partner must be outside of Canada at the time of application
- You must intend to live together in Canada once your spouse or common-law partner arrives
- You must be able to provide financial support for your spouse or common-law partner for the first three years of their stay in Canada
Required Documents for Canada Marriage Visa
When you apply for a Canada Marriage Visa, you will need to provide certain documents to prove your relationship and support.
These documents include:
- A valid marriage certificate or proof of common-law status
- Proof of your Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
- Proof of your income and assets, such as pay stubs, tax returns, and bank statements
- A letter of invitation from you to your spouse or common-law partner
- A completed sponsorship application
- A completed application for a permanent resident visa
- Additional documents may be required depending on your specific circumstances, such as police clearance certificates or medical exam results.
The Application Process
The application process for a Canada Marriage Visa involves two steps: sponsorship and permanent resident application.
- First, you will need to submit a sponsorship application and provide all the required documents. This application will be reviewed by immigration officials to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements and can provide financial support for your spouse or common-law partner.
- Once your sponsorship application is approved, your spouse or common-law partner will then need to submit an application for a permanent resident visa. This application will include all the required documents, such as a valid passport, police clearance certificates, and medical exam results.
- The permanent resident visa application will be reviewed by immigration officials to ensure that your spouse or common-law partner meets all the necessary requirements, such as passing a medical exam and security check.
Wait times and processing
The processing times for a Canada Marriage Visa can vary depending on the location of the visa office handling your application and the volume of applications they are currently processing. It can take several months to complete the process.
It’s important to keep in mind that the above information is general and should be used as a guide, it is always recommended to check the Canada immigration website for the most up-to-date information and for any changes in the requirements and process.
By following the above steps and providing all the necessary documentation, you can increase your chances of a successful application for a Canada Marriage Visa for your spouse or common-law partner.
With the right preparation and understanding of the process, you can bring your loved one to Canada and start a new life together.
Continue reading to see the exact steps you will need to truly follow if you need to start a new life as a couple here in Canada using the Canada Marriage Visa.
Canada is one of the most popular places in the world for people to move to, so it’s not surprising that they get a lot of applications from people who want to live and work there every week.
One of the most common visa requests that the immigration office gets is for a spouse visa.
Spousal Visa application in Canada is the process by which a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor their partner to come to Canada and live there permanently.
I know how important it is for Canadian families to be together. So, applications for spouses are given more attention.
This page has all the information you need about how to pay for your spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner to come to Canada.
How To Apply For Canada Marriage Visa (Spouse Visa To Canada)
Both the application for sponsorship and the application for a permanent resident visa should be finished and sent at the same time.
The Case Processing Center is in charge of the application for sponsorship. If the sponsorship is approved, the application for a permanent resident visa is sent to the Canadian Visa bureau. sponsor for a visa for a spouse should do the following:
FIRST STEP: Get an application package on the website for Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
The application package includes the:
- document checklist for you and the persons you want to sponsor
- forms you and the persons you want to sponsor need to fill out
- instruction guide to help you and your family members fill out the forms correctly
STEP 2: Make sure all the forms are filled out.
It is important to remember that the sponsor and the spouse or common-law spouse need different forms and documents.
It is also important that the sponsor and applicant gather as much evidence as possible to prove that the marriage is real and include it with the other documents.
STEP 3: Pay the visa fees once you have all the documents you need.
The sponsor should then send the sponsorship application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada along with the spouse’s application to become a permanent resident.
There may be extra fees or paperwork to fill out. If all the necessary documents are sent in, the application will be sent to a Canadian visa office for more work.
STEP 4: Wait for a Canadian visa bureau to decide whether or not the sponsor is approved.
An interview might be necessary.
Once the visa is approved, the person will be given a residency card.
Types Of Spouse Visa (Canada Marriage Visa)
There are two kinds of Spouse Visas: the inland sponsorship visa and the outland sponsorship visa.
1. Inland Sponsorship Visa: The foreign spouse or partner must be a temporary resident of the country in order to get an inland sponsorship visa. This could be because they are working, going to school, or just visiting.
Candidates may be able to get an open work permit, which lets them work for a Canadian employer while their application is being looked at.
This could help avoid problems that could happen if a visa needs to be renewed before the sponsorship process is finished.
2. Sponsorship Outside of Canada: This type of sponsorship is for people whose foreign partner lives outside of Canada.
While the application is being processed, the person who is being sponsored may still be able to go in and out of Canada. This can be done through the visa bureau in their home country or with a permanent residency card.
Canadian Spouse Visa Requirements.
Before a person can get a spousal visa, they must meet the following requirements.
- The relationship has to be real and last a long time.
- The marriage must have been made out of love and good faith, and it can’t have been done just to get Canadian citizenship.
- The couple must want to live together in Canada. If the sponsor is a Canadian citizen who lives outside of Canada, they must show that they plan to move back.
- The Partner must be able to support and meet the needs of the applicant without having to get money from outside sources. They must sign documents to make sure that the applicant has all of their basic needs met. For the first three years after their spouse moved to Canada.
- Foreign nationals and applicants must take health and character tests as soon as they arrive.
- The person who wants to sponsor a foreigner must be allowed to do so.
How long does it take to apply for a spouse visa (Canada Marriage Visa)?
The average time it takes to get a Canadian spouse visa, whether you live inside or outside of Canada, is 12 months. It’s important to say that this average processing time can’t be guaranteed and will change from case to case.
There are, however, other things you can do and steps you can take to see your spouse sooner than when this is done.
Now that you know what it takes to get a Canadian spouse visa, its types, and how long it takes, if you follow the right tips and rules, it can be easy.
Have you ever tried to get a visa? If so, how did that go? Tell us in the space below for comments.