Ryna Accounting & Services is Urgently Hiring Bookkeeper. If working in Canada as a Bookkeeper is what you don’t mind then this Bookkeeper Job is for you. Continue reading to see how to apply now.
Bookkeeper - Edmonton, AB
Bookkeeper - Edmonton, AB Tasks: Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll Calculate fixed assets and depreciation Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems Ryna Accounting & Services Is Now Hiring Bookkeeper - Edmonton, AB | Apply Now Bookkeepers are high in-demand in Canada. Ryna Accounting & Services is Urgently Hiring Bookkeeper. If working in Canada as a Bookkeeper is what you don't mind then this Bookkeeper Job is for you. Continue reading to see how to apply now.
Salary Currency: CA$
Date Posted: 2023-08-01
Expiry Posted: 2024-01-26
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Ryna Accounting & Services
Organization URL: https://www.ryan.com/
Organization Logo: https://www.ryan.com/globalassets/ryan-global-logo.png
Location: PostalAddress, 2814 Calgary Trail NW, Edmonton, AB, T6J 6V7, Canada
Bookkeeper – Edmonton, AB
Job Summary: Ryan Accounting & Services is looking for a candidate proficient in English, with a college, CEGEP, or other non-university certificate or diploma from a 1 to 2-year program. The ideal candidate should have 7 months to less than 1 year of relevant experience and be familiar with working in an urban area.
Job details – Bookkeeper
- Employer Name: Ryna Accounting & Services
- Position: Bookkeeper
- Location: 2814 Calgary Trail NW Edmonton, ABT6J 6V7
- Salary: $29.00 hourly / 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time, Day, Evening, Overtime, Morning
- No. of vacancies: 1
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
7 months to less than 1 year
- Urban area
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Calculating and preparing cheques for payroll
- Calculating fixed assets and depreciation
- Keeping financial records and establishing, maintaining, and balancing various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Maintaining general ledgers and financial statements
- Posting journal entries
- Preparing other statistical, financial, and accounting reports
- Preparing the trial balance of books
- Reconciling accounts
Experience and Specialization
The candidate should have experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Computer and technology knowledge
- Accounting software, including QuickBooks and Simply Accounting
- MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Windows
The candidate must be bondable for security and safety purposes.
The job may involve repetitive tasks and working under tight deadlines, requiring strong attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure, and effective time management skills.
The candidate should demonstrate personal qualities such as accuracy, client focus, dependability, sound judgment, organizational skills, reliability, and the ability to work well in a team.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by email to [email protected]
Bookkeeper Jobs in Canada
As companies of all sizes need assistance with their financial records, bookkeeper jobs in Canada are in great demand. Bookkeepers create financial statements, maintain track of financial transactions, and assist companies in adhering to accounting rules.
Latest Bookkeeper Jobs across Canada
Below are the latest bookkeeper jobs in Canada. Start aplying.
|Location||Available jobs||Links to Apply|
|Alberta||982||View job postings >|
|British Columbia||1024||View job postings >|
|Canada||3608||View job postings >|
|Manitoba||116||View job postings >|
|New Brunswick||35||View job postings >|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||7||View job postings >|
|Northwest Territories||2||View job postings >|
|Nova Scotia||38||View job postings >|
|Nunavut||1||View job postings >|
|Ontario||1111||View job postings >|
|Prince Edward Island||2||View job postings >|
|Québec||186||View job postings >|
|Saskatchewan||91||View job postings >|
|Yukon||6||View job postings >|
Job Description of Bookkeeper
The job description of a bookkeeper typically includes:
- Maintaining financial records
- Preparing financial statements
- Managing accounts payable and receivable
- Preparing payroll
- Tracking expenses
- Compiling reports
- Providing financial advice
The requirements for a bookkeeper job vary depending on the specific position. However, most employers look for candidates with the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in bookkeeping
- Strong knowledge of accounting software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Skills Needed as a Bookkeeper in Canada
In addition to the requirements listed above, there are a number of skills that are essential for bookkeepers. These include:
- Accounting skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Time management skills
Salary of Bookkeeper in Canada
According on the amount of expertise, the province or territory, and the size of the company, bookkeeper salaries in Canada vary. However, the average yearly wage or $21.66 per hour for a bookkeeper in Canada is $42,234.
- Bookkeepers typically work in an office setting, but some may also work from home.
- The hours for bookkeepers vary depending on the employer, but they typically work 35-40 hours per week.
- Some bookkeepers may be required to work overtime or on weekends.
How to Become a Bookkeeper in Canada
There are a few different ways to become a bookkeeper. You can:
- Complete a bookkeeping certificate or diploma program
- Get on-the-job training
- Become certified as a Certified General Accountant (CGA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Once you have the necessary training or certification, you can start looking for bookkeeper jobs. You can search online job boards, such as Indeed.ca or Monster.ca. You can also contact recruitment agencies that specialize in placing bookkeepers.
Bookkeeper jobs are a great way to start a career in accounting. If you are looking for a rewarding career in finance, then a job as a bookkeeper may be a good fit for you.
- The Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) is a professional organization that offers resources and support to bookkeepers.