A personal caregiver is urgently needed by Bayshore HealthCare, apply now as a personal caregiver if your dream is to come to Canada this year.
Keep reading to learn see how to apply.
Bayshore is growing and we are seeking Personal Caregivers who are looking for flexible hours. We offer casual home and community care jobs. Personal Support Worker (PSW) or Health Care Aide (HCA) Certificate is welcome but not required.
At Bayshore, you create special moments for clients every day. If your calling is to “be the difference” by providing outstanding care, then a Health Care Career with Bayshore is the Perfect Fit for YOU!
The Work You Will Do
- Provide high-quality and compassionate care to your clients in the community with exceptional customer service.
- Some tasks can include personal care and activities of daily living. Homemaking services such as cleaning, cooking, laundry and general household management.
- Companionship and/or accompanying clients to activities and events in the community.
Bayshore strives to take good care of you, while you take care of others! Feel rewarded for doing what you love. Do you want to make a difference and get back to the fundamentals of caring?
We will empower you to do work you are passionate about with autonomy and support from experienced colleagues and supervisors.
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive company-sponsored benefits for you and your family
- Chart your path – Take charge of your day and manage what’s important to you. We offer work flexibility designed to empower you. As a Caregiver with Bayshore, choose the number of hours you want to work and a schedule that compliments your lifestyle
- Shape the wellbeing of your clients & communities – Take control and use your experience to create special moments for your clients and help us build better communities
- Realize your full potential – We are committed to helping you realize the future you desire and we achieve this through a wide variety of work options, continuous learning, and access to healthcare experts
- Work in a safe and healthy work environment – We take health & safety seriously. We provide personal protective equipment (PPE), relevant training in line with evolving health guidelines, and daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers to help prevent exposures to COVID-19
Who You Are
• You have a desire to help improve the lives of those in your community
• You are dedicated to providing high-quality care services to clients and you have knowledge of practices for community care
• You have a reliable mode of transportation
• You have a clear Vulnerable Sector Check or are willing to get one
• You are seeking a Personal Care role, you have completed a formal, accredited caregiver training program and/or a combination of equivalent education and experience
Bayshore is committed to a high quality and safe environment for both our staff and clients/patients. Dependent upon Provincial government regulations, and the position being applied for, new hires may be required to provide proof of vaccination against illnesses such as COVID-19, Hepatitis, Seasonal Flu etc. Please speak with the recruiter for Provincial and/or position specific requirements. Medical exemptions or any other kinds of requested exemptions based upon Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
“At Bayshore Healthcare, our commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion is our strength. This is how we bring our vision of being the difference in the lives of those we care for, work with and in our communities. We have a great sense of pride in creating a culture of belonging, where individual differences are embraced and celebrated, through programs, resources and policies that support each individuals purpose, potential and wellbeing.”
Bayshore operates in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and applicable Provincial Human Rights Codes.
About Bayshore HealthCare:
Bayshore HealthCare is a Canadian-owned company that provides home and community healthcare services across the country. With over 100 locations, 13 pharmacies, and 90+ clinics, Bayshore has more than 13,500 staff members and provides care to over 350,000 clients.
Bayshore offers a wide range of services, including:
- Nursing care
- Personal care
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Meal preparation
- Respite care
- End-of-life care
Bayshore is committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care that meets the individual needs of each client. The company’s staff is highly trained and experienced, and they are dedicated to providing the best possible care for their clients.
Bayshore is a proud member of the Canadian Home Care Association and is certified to ISO 9001:2015. The company has also been recognized as one of the “Best Employers in Canada” by Forbes magazine.
If you or a loved one is in need of home healthcare, Bayshore HealthCare is a great option. The company offers a wide range of services, and its staff is highly trained and experienced. Bayshore is committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care that meets the individual needs of each client.
- Founded in 1966
- Headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario
- CEO: Stuart Cottrelle
- Revenue: $1.2 billion (2022)
- Employees: 13,500
- Services: Home and community healthcare
- Locations: Over 100 across Canada
Who is A personal caregiver?
A personal caregiver is a person who provides care for another person who needs assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs). This can include tasks such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, and transferring. Personal caregivers may also provide companionship and social interaction, help with light housekeeping, and run errands.
Personal caregivers can work in a variety of settings, including the client’s home, a nursing home, or a hospital. They may be employed by a private agency, a government agency, or they may be self-employed.
The qualifications required to become a personal caregiver vary depending on the setting and the specific duties of the job. However, most personal caregivers must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and some employers may require training in first aid or CPR.
Personal caregivers play an important role in the lives of the people they care for. They provide essential assistance that allows people to live independently and maintain their dignity. Personal caregivers also provide companionship and support, which can be invaluable to people who are feeling isolated or lonely.
If you are considering becoming a personal caregiver, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, you should be patient, compassionate, and have a strong work ethic. You should also be able to follow instructions and work well with others.
If you have these qualities, then becoming a personal caregiver can be a rewarding and fulfilling career. You will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of the people you care for, and you will be able to build strong relationships with them.
Here are some of the duties of a personal caregiver:
- Assisting with ADLs such as bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, and transferring
- Providing companionship and social interaction
- Helping with light housekeeping and running errands
- Monitoring the client’s health and well-being
- Reporting any changes in the client’s condition to the client’s healthcare team
If you are interested in becoming a personal caregiver, there are a few things you can do to get started:
- Research different employment opportunities. There are many different agencies and organizations that hire personal caregivers.
- Get certified. There are a number of certification programs available for personal caregivers.
- Network with other personal caregivers. This can be a great way to learn about the profession and get advice from experienced caregivers.